Canon is scheduled to announce the development in Q1 of 2021 of a Canon EOS R5S high-megapixel mirrorless camera. And the alleged specs of the Canon EOS R5S are mentioned in DSLRCameraSearch
- Approxamently 90mp sensor
- “Pixel-shift like feature” to add resolution (Perhaps like Fujifilm’s feature in the GFX 100?). Total resolution “north of 300mp”.
- Nearly identical body design as the Canon EOS R5.
- Video features are “NOT a focus” of the Canon EOS R5s.
- Image stabilization will be a “slightly different version” than the current RF mount cameras.
- Pricing will be “similar” to the Canon EOS R5.
- Announcement scheduled for Q1 of 2021 (All announcements are still a moving target for obvious reasons.)
The “pixel-shift like functionality” that can lift the resolution to more than 300MP is one of the fascinating specs. This feature is likely to be close to that of the GFX 100 FUJIFILM (Amazon, B&H, Adorama).
In addition, we have previously stated that the Canon EOS R5S high-megapixel camera is now being reviewed as a finished product by a very small group of photographers, and it will sport a new 90MP sensor that’s just about twice the Canon EOS R5’s 45MP sensor. This Canon EOS R5S high-megapixel body will be directed squarely at still photographers. You would also like the Canon EOS R5 or the Canon EOS R6 if you enjoy filming videos or making film.